Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Our weekend adventure

Tuesday (pretending to be a Monday) May 31st

It's a Monday, disguised as a Tuesday, wishing it was a Friday! Lol, now I've confused myself. I guess attempting to be funny at 6:30 in the morning before coffee isn't a good idea!  It's back to the grind after a wonderful weekend. It has been over a month since I've written and it has been bothering me. I'm going to make a bigger effort to get back to it and I decided that writing about the weekend would be a good start. 

I'm working two part time jobs now and the office job (that I absolutely love!) is almost forty hours a week at this point. I have to say, after a month of two jobs, this past weekends mini vacation was greatly needed. I decided to let the boys ditch school on Friday with the plan involving being lakeside with my Mishie by lunch. The best laid plans of mice and men and blah, blah, blah! I managed to get five loads of laundry done, all of the dishes, and my room fairly clean before we hit the road at 12:30. Now, in the midst of all that laundry and housework, I also ran out to pay bills, get the mail, and pick up the tent. My sister came by, helped us load the car, and three more stops before we were officially on the road. As we got closer to our exit, the clouds began to roll in. Nic texted Mishie to ask if it was raining at the campsite. The answer was no. Until about three minutes later. The downpour began as we were five minutes out. We didn't even unpack the car when we arrived due to the rain. Mish and I sat under the awning and talked while we watched the rain for several hours. Most would have found this disappointing or enough to call the whole weekend off but for me, those several hours of catching up, trading stories, and just enjoying the moment were as priceless as the entire weekend. As the rain eased off, Kevin began grilling chicken and though it took a bit longer than expected, a delicious dinner was ready when the rain stopped. All ate dinner and the boys raced to the water to squeeze in thirty minutes of swimming and I was able to enjoy a few moments of a gorgeous sky showing it's colors after our small corner of the world had been washed clean. 

There is more to come..... It's just time to don the scrubs, do some dishes, run carpool, sneak in a load of laundry, and head to work! All I can think is, "AHHHHHHH, how I am loving life lately!"

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like you had a wonderful weekend, Trish. I must have missed something along the way since I thought you had switched positions a while ago to go to day shift..Anyways, glad that you're working, have a great guy in your life, beautiful kids, and a positive attitude...You put a smile on my face every time I read about your life..You rock girl...:)

    ReplyDelete