Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Just a few words

Haven't had much to say lately...though I wanted to share a dinner time conversation the other night.  I was a "lazy" Momma and made fish fillets, mac n cheese, and fries for dinner on Tuesday night.  Erin, Nic, and I are sitting at the table.  I'd had one of "those" days where I just couldn't seem to get it together.  I was struggling so hard to keep myself composed til I could escape to the shower.  The shower can be such a comfort.  Solitude, hot water, and one can cry without anyone ever knowing you did.  I've tried to drown myself a few times in there but with a stand up shower stall, it takes ALOT of water!  (just kidding!)  I digress, as usual....  Anyhow, Erin begins to interrogate Nic about kissing a girl.  One girl in particular. He kept insisting that he hadn't kissed her.  He tried to say he didn't like her but AJ quickly piped up that "Yes he does!  She has a boyfriend though!"  Nic blushed about 6 shades of red with that comment which, of course, made him even more adorable!  Erin asks him if he knows how to kiss.  He won't answer....  She offers to teach him.  She decides to demonstrate with her fish fillet.  She breaks it in half and makes "lips" out of the pieces.  She explains to him to start with soft and gentle lip to lip action.  At this point, AJ is fascinated from the living room (Squirt refused to join us at the table) and Nic is sitting there open mouthed and staring.  I, on the other hand, am trying desperately not to laugh out loud.  She explains to him that once he has that down pat, if he is interested at that point, he should stick his tongue out on the next lip to lip contact.  She demonstrates and makes a face from the fish taste.  At this point, I'm losing it, AJ is darn near falling off the couch in order to not miss the action, and Nic is shaking his head....yet still fascinated.  Erin licks her lips, puts the fish down, and says, "If it tastes anything like this fish, DON'T go any further, come straight home, and tell Momma.  It should NEVER, EVER taste like fish!"  This was the point where I lost it.  Nic turned another 4 shades of red and AJ came to join us at the table.  So yeah, for those who have not had the privilege of joining us at our table, know that it is always entertaining, you never know where the conversation may go, and when Erin will shout, "That's what SHE said!"

On another note...I made it to Blue Flame Thursday and added to my ink.  I think the album name on Facebook is about as accurate as it gets.  It's My body, My canvas, My art.  It's a way to make my thoughts well known, express my feelings, and make something beautiful out of an otherwise normal foot, finger, arm, leg, neck...wherever I happen to choose.  I had "one step closer" tattooed on my foot.  To me it is very symbolic.  One step closer to life, love, death, tomorrow, whatever happens to fit the moment.  After much thought, I think I'm going to get the other foot done soon with another very "fitting" quote.  For a foot at least!

 I also had a broken heart ink'd on my ring finger.  Now, I can attempt to explain it til I'm blue in the face.  Some get it, others don't.  That is OK.  I know what it means to ME.  Since I have to look at it, since I have it permanently, then all that matters is how I feel about it.  It can be filled in one day or covered by a ring.  One day, someone will hopefully come along and make it whole again.  The process has already begun.  Cautiously, slowly, and one day at a time.  That is all I have to say about that (in my best Forrest Gump voice!)



I begin the preparations...for our Florida trip soon.  I've been reading, researching, and trying to make the trip as enjoyable (and as stress free for ME) as possible!  I'm part excited, part nervous, and part dreading it. I can't wait to see everyone, be off to actually enjoy Thanksgiving for the first time in 6 years on the ACTUAL day, and spend some down time with my Dad, Pam, Savanna, and the wild1s.  I have to find some suitcases to borrow as I really don't want to spend the money on luggage that more than likely will not be used again.

Like I started out with...I don't have much to say.  Well, I have a million and two things I WANT to say, just not sure how to get the words down.  I have always known what amazing friends I have but just in case I begin to forget, they swoop in and remind me.  I love you all!  Remember, one day at a time cause these moments are what make up your life....

~trish

3 comments:

  1. Every moment is special when we allow others to share with us. Peace comes to those who seek it not, but allow peace to find them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. To Anonymous: Those words resonate a peace unto themselves. Thank you

    ReplyDelete
  3. You know me...always a day late and a dollar short. Anyway, just wanted to say I enjoyed this little story. Hugs to ya darlin'

    Bartman!

    ReplyDelete