Sunday, May 27, 2012

Sunday

I've been snuggled...in my bed for the last two hours with my AJ. Watching movies, eating oatmeal, drinking coffee, and enjoying some one on one time with my "baby." It isn't often that I get time with my kids individually so I'm soaking in every second. He, on the other hand, is raring to go, go, go!  I know he has enjoyed this morning almost as much as I have but he misses his brother. Nic stayed the night with my Mishie and I'm sure he is in no hurry to come home. I haven't decided yet when we are leaving since I knew that Nic was hoping to spend the day there. We had the best time yesterday. I forget how much I need my friends until I'm with them. We are not destined to walk the journey of life alone. It requires friends, family, and loved ones to reach our destination. Sometimes they walk beside us as we stroll through the easy moments. Sometimes they pick us up and carry us when the weight of the world pulls us down. Other times they walk ahead of us to forge our path. Our journey should never be taken alone. 

After a 5.2 mile run on Friday...(go US!), yesterday morning was damn near a circus act while trying to get out of bed! I ached in muscles I didn't know existed. I figured out that as I kept moving, things were loosening up. That is, until I tried to go to the bathroom. All I can say is, thank God for a strategically placed wall and bathtub. Without those, I'm not sure how I would have gotten up!  Once up again, I just tried to keep moving. I managed to get some coffee in me and just when I started to feel slightly human, here comes Nic down the hall. Limping, moaning, and barely refraining from tears. I couldn't help but chuckle since an hour before, that was probably the look on my face!!  "Just keep moving baby. It gets better," was the only thing I could say. That wasn't even said with a straight face. After a long day with friends, finally lying down around midnight last night felt sooo good!  Final words of last night.... "I cannot wait to run again tomorrow!" Today is the day and I'm pleased to still feel the burn in my calves. Much better than yesterday, but still noticeable. 

Since AJ is getting cranky...and tired of waiting, it's time to jump in the shower and rock this day. There are many loads of laundry to do, floors to clean, and dishes to do but ya know what? It'll be waiting for me whenever I decide to tackle them. Right now isn't that moment. Today we are going to enjoy the moments. It's not the moments in life that make it so, it's the life in those moments! Or something along those lines :p Enjoy, I know I'm going to! 

Ahhh, a lovely afternoon...spent by the pool with Mishie, Momma, and all the boyz.  It was absolutely worth the drive!  It rained pretty hard on the way back and by the time I dropped Momma back at her house, it seemed to have stopped. I'm not so sure what the sky is going to do but I KNOW that I really want to run. Nic is game. AJ, not so much. Nic is currently re-stringing the weed eater and I'm going to change clothes in the hopes that if they don't want to go, I can still go alone. I figured since I started a load of laundry, I've at least put some effort into much needed housework. Off to see what happens. Stay tuned....


All I can say now is..."the best laid plans of mice and men." I'm not sure where that line comes from but it sure as hell fits my evening. When I dropped Momma off at her house this evening, letting AJ stay was mentioned. He didn't want to stay, so he said. Nothing was said about it all the way home. Get here, I change, start a load of laundry, Nic fixes the weed eater, and AJ eats dinner. I head out the front door to say I'm ready to run and AJ throws what can only be described as a "drama queen hissy fit!" Nic is my usual drama queen but AJ was showing his colors tonight!  He didn't wanna go, he didn't wanna stay, he didn't wanna do anything but whine! This is when he informs me he wanted to stay at Grandmas but needed to come home and eat first. *sigh* That boy will eat anything that doesn't eat him first. I made HIM call and ask if it was ok to come over while Nic and I ran and thankfully, the answer was yes. Sooo, drive there, slow down and let him jump out (just kidding....geez!), and Nic and I race to the park. The issue at hand was the sign says they are open from sunrise to sunset. It was 1930 when we started the trail. He and I did 3.2 miles in 35 minutes, and I ran 2 of it before I punked out. We went back to Momma's to pick AJ up, I visit with Momma for a few minutes, and then we say goodbye and head to the car.  AJ comes to the car, hangs his head, and asks if he can stay the night. I tell him he has to ask Grandma if it's ok, the answer is yes again, and while shaking my head, we head back home...just Nic and I. I was a bit cranky about that but truth is, I had some one on one time with AJ this morning, now I get some with Nic. To make a long story short, it lasted an hour and a half before my Mom had to bring AJ home. *sigh again* Oh well, I had an amazing run with Nic, had time to talk with him on the way there, to Momma's, then back home again. I feel fantastic from the run even though I can barely move as I write this! I say I see a difference already though I think that might be wishful thinking. Whatever it is, I know that I am making steps (ha ha, see what I did there? :p) towards taking care of ME! 

One of those "steps"...is taking the time to write. I know it's cathartic to get the words out. It's always been my thing I guess. Pouring out the thoughts that swarm and buzz. I have found that whether anyone reads it or not isn't the point. It's having it THERE when/if the kids ever wanna read it. The words are there when I need a stroll down memory lane. When I posted the blog the other day, I read backwards, all the way to the first one. I cried, I laughed, and I ached with the memories. I have friends who are overwhelmed (in a good way!) with the "baby" moments. I write this with a daughter graduating in two weeks,  also turning 18 in a month, ALSO giving me a grandchild in about 2 months, and 13 and 10 year old boyz sound asleep down the hall. This is what we do as parents. We raise them to be independent. To have lives of their own. To unfurl the wings we've given them and FLY. I often wonder if they realize that as Momma's (and Daddy's!), our hearts are in our throats while we wonder if we did the right thing over the last few years. I remember changing diapers, sleepless nights, tripping over toys, and wondering if it would ever end. Let me tell you, on a Saturday night, kids asleep before 10, nothing more than a stray shoe accidentally left in the floor, I feel slightly lost. Time to find myself eh?  Bring it on!  This summer is my turn to find ME!  We'll see what I find. We'll see if I can keep these changes I'm making in place.  I read that it takes 21 days to make something a habit. I'm 13 days in to a new routine....here goes nothing. 

I have a quote...as usual. I was introduced to Khalil Gibran about 2 years ago and I keep his writing, "The Prophet" open on my iPod at all times. I love the quotes and this one seems fitting... 
"Therefore let your soul exalt your reason to the height of passion; that it may sing; And let it direct your passion with reason, that your passion may live through its own daily resurrection, and like the phoenix rise above its own ashes." 

No comments:

Post a Comment